Portraits are a deeply personal touch to any monument, and the quality of the portrait selected directly impacts the finished product. The artist will try to accommodate you by using images that are sent to us. Please understand that poor images will produce poor etchings. The following guidelines are recommended when choosing and submitting the best photograph for production.
When submitting a hard copy of your photograph:
- Studio quality portraits 5″x7″ or larger will result in a beautiful etching.
- Avoid submitting photos that are blurry, pixelated or have been reproduced on canvas or any other type of textured paper.
- If submitting a group photo to be used for an individual’s portrait, please ensure that the individual to be lasered is not obstructed by other individuals in the photo.
- Please don’t cut or alter the photograph, let us crop it digitally.
- If you would like a special crop, please photocopy the photograph and hand draw your desired crop.
- Don’t tape the face of a photograph unless you have special photo tape.
- If possible, keep a copy of the original and submit the original for reproduction.
- Protect the photograph when mailing by using a photo mailer or cardboard backer.
- Avoid including sharp objects such as paperclips or staples that can damage the photograph.
- Black and white photos, as well as full color photographs, may be submitted.
- Indicate the portrait style that is preferred and specify elements, if any, to be removed from the photograph.
When submitting a digital file of your photograph:
- Digital files or scanned images must be between 200-300 dpi for a standard sized photo (4″x6″).
- Please avoid editing photos prior to submission.
- Jpg, tiff or psd files are preferred.
- Indicate portrait style that is preferred and specify elements, if any, to be removed from the photograph.