1. Why should I choose to purchase my memorial from Fewell Monument?
Fewell Monument is the backbone of the monument industry across the U.S. We strive to give our customer 100% satisfaction in their memorial product. All of our dedicated departments give their talent and top-of-line skills to create the perfect memorial for our valuable customers.
2. Can monuments be installed all year-round?
We will set your memorial product all year-round with decent weather conditions.
3. I did not originally purchase my monument from you; can I still hire you for lettering?
Yes, we provide services to have your monument shipped to us and finish the lettering from there/and or have it done on site at the cemetery.
4. I saw a mistake on my loved one’s memorial, what I do next?
If you come across a mistake or cracks, we can polish the stone down and start over with a new design or lettering layout.
5. What about future lettering- a death date?
We offer the option of sending out a stencil to a third party engraver for sandblasting a date of death on site at the specified cemetery location.
6. What if I want to match a design or font of another stone?
It is recommended to take a photograph straight ahead at eye-level, so that our art department can duplicate the design and lettering of that particular stone. Make sure nothing is obstructing the stone, for example: flowers, flags, dirt, grass, or leaves.
7. How are monuments priced?
Our pricing guidelines are subjective and based upon the size of the stone.
8. Do you charge per letter?
No. We price our monument products by size.
9. Do you accept all major credit cards?
Yes, we accept all credit cards.
10. Do you accept payment plans?
Yes, we have several payment plan options available.
- Cash discount of 3% in ten days/net 30 days
We require a payment of 50% down when an order is placed. The remainder is due 30 days after the monument has been set in the specified cemetery.
11. Are there any fees for the cemetery?
Many cemeteries have their own rules and regulations, including fees. Contact the cemetery of your choice and find out if they have fees required for cemetery services.
12. Which towns and cemeteries do you work with?
We work with retail and wholesalers on a daily basis. As for retail, we work within Scott county and the surrounding counties throughout Indiana. We also serve the Greater Indianapolis area for Washington Park Cemetery Association and Catholic Cemeteries. We have well over 300 monument wholesalers throughout the United States.
13. How long does it take to receive my memorial?
The average time frame for standard shapes is 5-7 weeks. As for custom-made shapes, the average turnaround is 3 months.
14. Can I choose a light gray granite with a laser etching?
No. It is not recommended to choose any type of color stone for a laser etching. The etching will be very hard to see. It is recommended to choose Premium Black for the best optimal laser etching.
15. I have an old photograph that is partially damaged. What do I do?
Our art team of experts can revive your old photograph for the best optimal etching possible.
16. I want a photograph of my grandfather’s farm designed as a sandblast scene. Is that possible?
Yes. Our art team possesses the ability to use any photo or a compilation of several photos to design a scene or design element for sandblasting.